Discover our events, follow the news of the archipelago to guide your customers
of the year
Carnival takes place every year from early January to mid-Lent. Moment of festivity, themed parades, parades of colors, warmth and disguises to the rhythms of the musicians for the greatest joy of all.
Public holidays in Guadeloupe are the same as those in mainland France.
- Shrove Tuesday and Ash Wednesday are public holidays and mark the apotheosis of carnival.
- Mi-Carême and Good Friday (Easter) are holidays.
- May 27 (holiday): Commemorations of the abolition of slavery
- July 21 is a holiday: Feast of Victor Schœlcher, famous abolitionist, former deputy of Martinique and Guadeloupe.
- November 2 is a public holiday: Day of the Dead